Pentacam AXL is a systematic improvement of Pentacam HR technology. In addition to front segment tomography, which is the original feature of its predecessor, the Pentacam AXL has integrated axial length measurement. A feature that allows you to perform accurate IOL calculations. All in one reliable Pentacam device with reliable software and measurement procedure! Oculus Pentacam AXL can perform preoperative IOL calculations as well as cataract density analysis.
Pentacam AXL is a symbiosis of time-tested Pentacam technology with a new high-precision axial eye length measurement. Measurements from the surface of the cornea to the retina are performed non-contact.
Pentacam AXL offers various measurement options:
- Measurement Pentacam – is rightly recognized as the gold standard for measuring and analyzing the anterior segment of the eye. This advanced and time-tested solution is the preferred choice of many experts around the world.
- Measurement of the axial length of the eye – to calculate the diopter force of the IOL.
- Combined measurement: Pentacam ® + axial eye length. Both measurements are performed sequentially on the same measurement axis using one centering function.
Within a mere 2 seconds, the Pentacam® AXL supplies you with precise diagnostic data on the entire anterior eye segment. In addition to anterior segment tomography, the Pentacam® AXL has integrated axial length measurement, a feature that allows you to make accurate IOL calculations. Automatic measurement activation with quality tests guarantees fast, reproducible, and delegable measurements.
The Pentacam® AXL comes with an extensive basic software package that can be extended according to your needs to include further optional software packages and modules.
Pentacam AXL Features:
- High-resolution cross-sectional images of the anterior segment
- Optical Biometry Axial Length measurement
- IOL Calculation Display with Standard, Post Refractive, and Toric Formulas
- Axial and tangential topography maps
- Total corneal refractive power
- Pachymetry maps
- Anterior and posterior corneal elevation maps
- Zernike corneal wavefront analysis
- Anterior chamber angle measurement
- Anterior chamber depth and volume measurements
- 3D Lens Densitometry and Pentacam Nucleus Staging (automatic classification of lens opacity)
- Corneal Optical Densitometry for assessing and quantifying corneal opacification
- Fast Screening Report to quickly identifying abnormalities found in common pathologies
- Cataract Pre-op Display for premium IOLs
- Holladay Report with equivalent K readings
- Keratoconus detection and staging
- Belin/Ambrosio Enhanced Ectasia
- Contact Lens Fitting with simulated fluorescein image
- Various comparison displays, including Compare 2 Scheimpflug
- Network ready – Up to 50 workstations included
OCULUS Pentacam AXL allows you to connect to a Leica microscope to plan IOL implantation. Pentacam data is transmitted to the Leica Proveo 8 via the TrueVision interface.
Pentacam AXL is a multipurpose diagnostic instrument for evaluating the anterior segment using tomography. Tomography provides a three-dimensional digital picture of the anterior segment from a variety of vantage points. The Pentacam AXL adds another functionality: optical coherence biometry (OCB) to measure the axial length of the eye.
This monograph describes reimbursement for tests performed with the Pentacam and Pentacam AXL, either alone or as part of another service. They include:
- Optical tomography of the anterior segment (SCODI-A)
- Anterior segment photography
- Corneal topography
- Corneal pachymetry
- Optical coherence biometry and intraocular lens (IOL) calculation, including optimization of IOL constants over time (AXL only)
- Planning for phakic IOL
- Lens densitometry
- Zernike and wavefront analysis of the cornea
- Contact lens fitting
These tests are useful in evaluating and managing disease, planning for anterior segment surgery, and contact lens fitting.
Therefore, the new Pentacam AXL is much more than an optical biometer: it is two devices in one! Born as an evolution of Pentacam HR technology, this diagnostic equipment integrates the measurement of the axial length with the topography of the anterior segment of the eye, a feature that allows you to perform accurate IOL calculations. All using a single device!
All data (e.g., axial length, K values, anterior chamber depth, corneal diameter) are automatically transferred to the IOL calculation software.
This excludes manual transcription errors and, as the measurements are taken in seconds, it ensures that the examination is quick and non-invasive.
Fast Screening Report
- Quick detection of irregularities
- Patient consultation
The Fast Screening Report provides a quick and simple overview that allows detecting irregularities in the anterior eye segment. Further displays for evaluating such irregularities in detail can be accessed via the navigation bar. Parameters are displayed against their normal distribution in healthy (green) and affected (red) populations, as reported in published studies.
The publication used in each case is identified under “Literature.” This display does not purport to give any diagnosis. Diagnoses are the sole responsibility of the ophthalmologist and must be based on the entirety of the information available.
- Freely selectable reference bodies for elevation maps
- Corneal Optical Densitometry
- Corneal Rings
- Corneal analysis for refractive surgeons (corneal optical densitometry)
- Corneal thickness progression analysis for early keratoconus detection
- 4 Maps Selectable
- Show 2 Exams
- Compare 4 Exams
- Side-by-side comparison of topometric and pachymetric data
- Fourier Analysis
- Cataract Pre-Op Display for premium IOL selection and assessment of the optical properties of the entire cornea
- True Net Power map (TNP)
- Total Corneal Refractive Power map (TCRP)
- Corneal Power Distribution
- Zernike Analysis including normative corneal wavefront data
- PNS and 3D Cataract Analysis
- Show 2 Exams
- Compare 4 Exams
- Comparative analysis of topometric and pachymetric data
- Automatic anterior chamber angle analysis
- 4 Maps Chamber
- 4 Maps Topometric
- Anterior Chamber Depth Map
- Measurements in the Scheimpflug images
- 3D anterior chamber analysis
Cataract Pre-OP Display
Cataract Pre-OP Display was developed in collaboration with Prof. Dr. Naoyuki Maeda from the University Medical School in Osaka, Japan. This display assists users in selecting the optimal premium IOL.
To do this, the following parameters are taken into consideration:
- overall corneal astigmatism,
- total corneal spherical aberrations,
- total corneal irregularities and
- the influence of the posterior corneal surface.
- Camera: Digital CCD camera
- Light source: Blue LED light (475 nm UV-free)
- Processor DSP with 400 mil. operations / s
- Dimensions: H: 535 mm. W: 270 mm. D: 360 mm
- Weight: 9kg
- Minimum PC requirements: Pentium IV, 1.5GHz, Windows XP, 1GB RAM, VGA graphics card 1024 x 768 Pixel true color, USB
- Measuring range: Curvature 3 – 38 mm
- Working distance: 80 mm